The Georgetown Library Show, June 2018
The member show features at least one painting by each artist entering.
This is a themed exhibit. We ask that all art submitted depict nature, gardening, outdoor life and related content, and can be representational or abstract in form. The usual restrictions for mat color and framing have been lifted (View Prospectus below)
Location of exhibition: City of Georgetown Public Library, Georgetown, TX 78628
Saturday, June 16, 5pm Deadline to submit entries for the show- up to 3 entries max
Tuesday, June 19. Notification of # and titles of accepted paintings. If only one painting is entered, it will be automatically accepted. Will accept as many paintings as we can accommodate (max 50 total)
Sunday July 1. 09-10am Deliver framed paintings to, Georgetown Public Library
Saturday, July 28, 10am Strike, pick up paintings from Georgetown Public Library.
Reception in July planned- date to be determined.
Entry Fee: NONE
Georgetown Library takes no commission.
The exhibit is open to all WWG current members in good standing. To join or renew membership for 2018, go to waterloowatercolor.org under membership.
All entries should be sent via email to Helen Green (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be reviewed by Jennifer Polnaszek and Helen Green. The file should be a jpg, 1500 pixels on the longest side, and not to exceed 2 MB. Label file as YOUR NAME_TITLE_SIZE HxW (example: Carlton_Masterpiece_H20xW15.jpg). Let Helen or Jennifer know if you need help or have questions.
- Members may submit up to three paintings. Diptychs, triptychs or polytychs are considered separate entries.
- Paintings must be original in concept, not copies of work or photographs of others, not completed in a class or workshop.
- Paintings should have been completed within the last five years.
- Paintings must not have objectionable content to the venue or show chairs. WWG reserves the right to refuse any work that does not conform to the Entry Requirements. The library is a child-friendly environment.
- All accepted paintings must remain hanging for the entire duration of the exhibition. Buyers may pick up purchased paintings only after the exhibit closes. Sales shall be handled by the individual artist. Please inform the show chair of a sale.
- As an entrant, you are agreeing to the stated rules and requirements and give permission to WWG to photograph and display your accepted paintings on the WWG website and/or promotional materials.
Media Acceptable painting media include watercolor, gouache, acrylics, egg tempera and casein paints as well as watercolor pencils, crayons and water-soluble inks. Mediums, gels, gesso and other painting supplements may be used. Pastels, gold and silver leafing are acceptable as long as water-based media is dominant. No water-based oils. Collage is acceptable using hand-painted white papers painted with water-based media.
Substrates Acceptable papers/supports include cotton rag, oriental papers, synthetic paper (YUPO), and any kind of coated paper or board. No commercially colored or printed papers allowed.
Framing Requirements : Presentation is as important as the painting. Frames, mats, acrylic, backing and wiring must be clean, neat, secure and follow these guidelines:
- Mats, if used, can be of ANY COLOR desired.
- ALL frames are acceptable for this exhibit. The maximum frame size is 42 inches in either direction due to venue space and weight.
- Every painting must be under acrylic (like Plexiglas). No glass due to safety and venue rules.
- Paintings must be wired from side-to-side with screw-in hangers. D-rings recommended. No saw-tooth hangers. When hanging, stretched wire should be 3" from the top of the frame.
- Labels from this prospectus should be placed in the upper left corner on the back of each painting. Select here to Print Labels
Due care will be used in handling the artist's work. WWG will not be responsible for the theft, loss or damage to works submitted.
Please let us know if you have questions. We want everyone to participate.